October 14, 2020
In a press conference on October 13, 2020, the government announced new measures and recommendations, with the aim of reducing the number of corona infections. We follow national guidelines and where necessary the policy with regard to corona has been tightened. Aeres urges everyone within the organization to take the measures to heart, so that the corona virus has as little chance as possible to spread further. A number of important measures at a glance:
- As of October 15, 2020, the urgent advice to wear a face mask applies to all teaching and course locations of Aeres and Nordwin College, in places outside the normal teaching situation. This includes corridors, the auditorium, the entrance and exit of canteens, and so on. Even in practical lessons where the meter and a half between teacher / employee and pupil / student / trainee cannot be guaranteed, it is the urgent advice to wear a face mask;
- The face mask can be taken off as soon as a fixed seat has been taken, e.g. at a workplace, in the classroom, or in a conference room;
- Pupils, students, trainees and employees themselves ensure that they have face masks in their posession. Now that the urgent advice is to wear face masks in public spaces throughout the Netherlands, it is normal to have this standard in ones own possession.
Only during practical lessons, where necessary, protective equipment is provided in accordance with existing agreements;
- Face masks are provided to visitors who do not have a face mask with them;
- The rule to keep one and a half meters distance remains in full force in all places where this measure was already applied.
Work at home or on location
The policy on working from home or on location has not changed. Aeres' educational activities will continue as we do to date. Where this takes place on location, the teaching staff and the necessary support staff are present. Other employees, who do not necessarily need to be present for the primary process, work from home unless there is no other option.
The Aeres organisation remains reluctant to organise meetings outside of education, such as open days. The advice is to organize the meeting online, if possible, in order to prevent people from different households from coming into contact with each other.
If people do come together physically for the meeting, a maximum group size of 30 people applies, with due observance of the applicable corona guidelines.
The maximum of 30 people does not apply to meetings directly related to education, such as teacher meetings, lessons and trainings.
September 29, 2020
Tightened corona measures were announced in the cabinet press conference on September 28, 2020. These measures take effect on September 29 and are valid for three weeks. In response to this, the following applies within the Aeres organization:
- The educational activities will continue as we have done to date. Where this takes place on location, the teaching staff and the necessary support staff are present.
- Other employees who are not necessary for the primary process will work from home unless there is no other option.
- The Aeres organization is reluctant to organising meetings outside of education, especially if non-essential travel movements have to take place. A maximum group size of 30 people always applies.
- The advices of the GGD and RIVM will be followed with regard to testing for corona and / or any necessary home quarantine.
- Are you in doubt? This decision tree may be helpfull.
The guidelines of the RIVM are leading and in addition, the educational institutions follow the protocols for each sector. We remain vigilant, with the aim of always creating a healthy learning and working environment for our pupils, students, course participants and employees.