Read frequently asked questions and answers about the coronavirus in relation to Aeres below. They have been updated on Wednesday April 21.

Are there education activities on location?

As a result of the extension of the national lockdown the period during which mainly distance learning is given has been extended to March 1. The educational locations remain open for a number of situations:

  • Practical lessons are allowed;
  • Exams, pre-exams and practical exams are allowed;
  • The schools remain open to the guidance of vulnerable pupils;
  • For Aeres VMBO, Nordwin College VMBO-Groen and Aeres Praktijkonderwijs, physical education is allowed for exam classes;
  • Internships continue, provided the host companies have the opportunity to do so. 

Students in higher education can again follow physical education on location from April 26, for a maximum of one day per week. This became clear in the cabinet's press conference on April 21. For Aeres Hogeschool, this means that the lessons start on location after the May holiday or the week after. There will be communication per faculty about the exact details per location.

Do I have to inform Aeres if I am infected or if someone I live with is infected?

If you are personally infected, or infection is suspected, please contact the educational institution (pupil/student) or your supervisor (employee) by phone and report sick in accordance with the usual procedure. In accordance with privacy laws, you don’t have to say why you are reporting sick, but please do so in this case to prevent the virus from spreading further. In addition, we recommend that you contact the doctor by phone if necessary.

Please also contact us by phone if someone you’re living with is infected, or infection is suspected. We will then discuss together what this means.

Do I have to stay home if I don't feel well?

Students, trainees and employees are supposed to stay at home when they show flu or cold symptoms.

Trips abroad

Aeres follows the guidelines of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, whereby certain zones are indicated with colour codes (green, yellow, red or orange).

Can I travel to an area where avoiding travel is recommended for private reasons?

The RIVM strongly recommends you to not do this. You must be aware that you can endanger the health of colleagues, pupils/students and others by travelling to these areas.

Can I travel abroad for work or study?

With regard to travelling abroad, Aeres follows the advice and regulations of the national government. For that reason it is policy not to travel for work or study purposes. This measure was extended this week until May 15, 2021.